When Obama was Promising to be all he could be, and America was drinking the Kool aid as fast as it could be made, it never occured to many that he was biting off more than he could handle. Democrats thought the man was another LBJ.
Looking back over those promises made and the way it has played out... Shovel Ready Jobs, Rebuilding the Infrastructure, Pockets of Prosperity programs for DETROIT and New Orleans, to clean up those city's and retrain workers, An administration that was to be held accountable for their actions, and the famous 817 Billion dollars spent for jobs that didn't amount to SQUAT!
Were we duped by a master politician or were his (Adlai Stephenson) egghead idea's more than he could accomplish.
This man we elected to represent the United States has not fulfilled the very promises that the Democrats elected him to do.
Obama made the following promises during the 2008 Campaign.
And then shut the door on the Democrats and the American Public.
- Expand the child and dependent care credit...Expand and make refundable the child and dependent care credit.
- Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners...Create a $10 billion fund to help homeowners refinance or sell their homes.
- Provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form.Will direct the Internal Revenue Service to "give taxpayers the option of a
pre-filled tax form to verify, sign and return to the IRS or online. This will
eliminate the need for Americans to hire expensive tax preparers and to gather
information that the federal government already has on file."
- Require automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans... Automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans for workers whose employers offer
- End no-bid contracts above $25,000 .. "Will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid.
- Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges... Will address the infrastructure challenge by creating a National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank to expand and enhance, not supplant, existing federal transportation investments.
- Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses.. (SOLENDRA) "Protect the jobs and benefits of workers and retirees when corporations file for bankruptcy by telling companies that they cannot issue bonuses for executives during
bankruptcy while their workers watch their pensions disappear."
- Allow five days of public comment before signing bills .... To reduce bills rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them, Obama "will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days." (ROTFLMAO)
- Reduce the number of middle managers in the federal workforce... "Barack Obama will thin the ranks of Washington middle managers, freeing up resources both for deficit reduction and for increasing the number of frontline workers.
- Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels .."Barack Obama is committed to returning earmarks to less than $7.8 billion a year, the
level they were at before 1994."
SO Where's the Beef? What happened to these ten items on the promise plate? Some are so simple that he could have went down the list and had them done his first month...... But wait there's more........
THIS guy said there were shovel ready jobs....... in 2008... This President was to give WASHINGTON D.C. Back to the PEOPLE....
THIS CANDIDATE asked that we hold him to a HIGHER STANDARD. OBAMA, said that Sunlight is the best disinfectant....
Is that why he has played so much GOLF?
His actions during the Campaign...proved that he could fight, his actions as President, Not so much!